Intercultural week at school
Group 1 – whole school approach
pupils from 14 to 18
The high school, researchers in intercultural learning, NGOs that work against discrimination and for intercultural dialogue.
- To raise awareness of diversity in the school and in the world
- To develop skills of observation and critical thinking
- To develop a good learning environment where diversity is celebrated
STEP-BY-STEP DESCRIPTION OF THE ACTIVITY
The project was organised by a group of high school students (grade 10 to 12) together with a member of the educational team.
– during lunch breaks every day (free time): documentaries about diversity (cultural identity, girls and boys, disability) in the school’s conference room
– the whole week: a « free expression wall » where students can draw or write about diversity
– on Friday evening: panel discussion with the philosophy teacher, researchers in intercultural learning, NGOs that work against discrimination and for intercultural dialogue