In view of the creation of an European Education Area by 2025, the European Union is investing in policy initiatives and funding for supporting pupil mobility.
The Erasmus+ programme 2021-2027 includes a specific focus on promoting mobility in the school sector. In addition, to better apply the Council recommendation on promoting automatic mutual recognition of higher education and upper secondary education and training qualifications and the outcomes of learning periods abroad, in 2019 the European Parliament set aside funding for a Preparatory Action to look specifically into recognition of learning periods abroad in general secondary education: the European Commission entrusted a Consortium composed by EFIL, EIESP and CESIE to implement it.
The work of the Expert Network on Recognition of outcomes of learning periods abroad in general secondary education 2020-2021 includes:
- setting up of a Expert Network on Recognition of outcomes of learning periods abroad in general secondary education
- carrying an EU27 Member State analysis on the recognition practices
- developing guidelines and specific recommendations for the relevant stakeholders
- developing the content to feed an online information site
- producing a model training programme for competence-based assessment of mobile pupils
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the Flyer of the initiative