Group 2 – non subject-specific activities
a class of pupils from 14 to 18
- To become aware of local and global ties
- To be able to observe different contexts and different points of view
- Globingo sheets for each participant
STEP-BY-STEP DESCRIPTION OF THE ACTIVITY
1. Ask the students to find one person for each theme. The objective is to have the highest number of different countries. When one person has completed the names, he/she can say “Globingo!”
- Was it hard to find somebody in each theme?
- Did you learn something you didn’t know about your friends?
- What do you know about these countries: where they are, how they are, those who live there, what people do there?
RECOMMENDATIONS / TIPS
As an introduction to globalization and multicultural approach, you can use this short and dynamic activity.
To continue further, you can use the activity « The map is not the territory ».